I think our blog has a leak! Disney Cruises, black belts, All-State Choruses—I can’t find any of it! OK, it’s my own fault for not keeping up, so here’s a quick recap of some of the things I’ve missed in the news.
- We took 2 more Disney Cruises. We took our first Disney Cruise without the kids back in 2002. We enjoyed it so much that we had to do it again and bring them along. We took our first family cruise to the Eastern Caribbean in June 2004. Then we took an extended-family Christmas Cruise in December 2005 along with our good friends the Hardys and the Mays.
- Our good friends and karate instructors, the Stones, opened their own karate school, Dacula Family Sports. Now we have a great facility to work out in instead of a high school chorus room.
- We all now have our black belts in Tae Kwon Do. Terri and I got ours in December 2004, Jennifer got hers in February 2005, and David got his in July 2005 after AAU Nationals.
- We all competed at the 2005 AAU National Championships. David decided to stay at the brown belt level, and ended up with over 40 competitors in his division. The rest of us competed at the black belt level for the first time, so we didn’t fair as well this year. I did manage to win the silver medal in point sparring, which I was very pleased with given the level of competition.
- Jennifer garnered two more perfect scores in her second audition to make the 2006 Georgia Middle School All-State Chorus in Savannah. After two and a half days of intense rehearsals, she performed 8 songs with the all-girl Treble Chorus. The concert was absolutely beautiful. She later performed a solo of one of the songs at church.
I’m sure there are a few other events that I’ve missed, but at least I feel better that I’ve filled all the major holes.